A Conceptual Model: The Renovation of An Existing House on Ann Avenue in Historic Strawberry Hills, Kansas City, KS
This conceptual model displays the design for the renovation of an existing house on Ann Avenue in Historic Strawberry Hill, Kansas City, Kansas. The two story home is very narrow; at 780ft2, and exterior walls of heavy natural limestone create the outside perimeter with a large front porch and a back enclosed porch with Southern exposure. We developed a plan with an open layout between living, dining and kitchen to make the space appear larger. There is ample storage space and a bathroom utilizes borrowed light from a former window in the original stone. The second floor consists of two bedrooms and bath on the second floor. A staircase and an enlarged opening creates spatial connectivity between first and second floors. Overall, this design is simple in approach but effective in use of space limitations. The owner's response "Oh my gosh - I love it! Perfect!"
- 3260 Main Mixed-Use and W39 Apartments
- Value Engineering: what does it mean in the scope of construction?
- Mixed-use Development in Downtown Kansas City - Midtown Plaza
- The Top 4 Senior Living Design Trends in 2016
- Neutralize the negative direction for the water
- The Multifamily “Amenities War”: Choosing Apartment Amenities that Deliver ROI
- Clubhouse Design for Summit Homes
- Repurposing the extant John K. Stark School into a residential re-entry facility
- The Grand Tetons model units at Park Reserve are ready for tour