Mixed-use Development in Downtown Kansas City - Midtown Plaza
Mixed-use Development in Downtown Kansas City
The Midtown Plaza, located at 3420 Broadway, Kansas City, is well on its way to entirely change the outlook of the area by converting the vacant office building into 117 multifamily apartments in Phase 1. The 8-story complex renovation is underway after a hold up of almost 4 years and is scheduled to be completed by 2020. As an architectural firm dedicated to design and exploration of architecture, B+A Architecture keeps in mind the modern lifestyle of future residents while keeping the integrity of the building. This residential development has been designed to fulfill all modern amenities including a fitness facility, outdoor activity area and dedicated parking for all units.
Additional phases will be all-new constructions. Phase 2 is scheduled to start right after Phase 1 and includes building an extended 2 stories, one for commercial business and shops and another for offices. It will also have a rooftop restaurant with open air seating. Phase 3 involves brand new construction of a 5 story building with luxury apartments. Lastly, Phase 4 will commence with the building of townhouses.
The location of the complex on Broadway Boulevard is ideal as the area is developing fast and urgently needs housing owing to growing population. The streetcar extension is only about four blocks away from the building, and it reaffirms the future developmental value of the Midtown Plaza. Although the main focus of this project is to provide with contemporary living, the proximity to the streetcar and the strategic link the boulevard provides between Downtown Kansas and the Country Club Plaza will ensure the project adapts and grows with its vicinity.
Related media report earlier this year: "Midtown luxury apartments will start construction after winning approval — in 2015"
- OUT-OF-THE-BOX APPLICATIONS FOR SHIPPING CONTAINERS
- The Multifamily “Amenities War”: Choosing Apartment Amenities that Deliver ROI
- Expedite The Approval Process of The City: A Case Study on 3260 Main Mixed-use Building
- The Strawberry Hill Townhomes
- A Conceptual Model: The Renovation of An Existing House on Ann Avenue in Historic Strawberry Hills, Kansas City, KS
- Seven Property Types to Invest in 2016
- Universal Design
- Owner Dennis Bradley Mentioned in Kansas City Star
- The Top 4 Senior Living Design Trends in 2016